Monday, April 9, 2012

Another Easter With No Call

Last year at Easter, The Ex and I were not officially divorced yet. We were pretty far into the divorce process though. I remember last year being shocked – yet not surprised at the same time – that he never called to wish the girls a Happy Easter. No cards sent in the mail. No inquiry whether the Easter Bunny came to visit or not. (And it had been the baby’s first Easter, too).

So it shouldn’t have come to a surprise to me again this year when
there were no cards sent in the mail, no phone call with Easter wishes, no inquiring about where the Easter Bunny hide baskets.

Maybe he expects me to have the girls “call” him. But I definitely feel that is not my responsibility. When they are old enough to ask to call him, I will oblige. But I’m not going to make the effort to benefit him. I guess that’s a bit of the “B!tch in Me” that is still left.

I’m sure he will wait until the work week to call – that way he can avoid me and just deal with the nanny.

It was hard enough for me to take The Older One out shopping for her to pick a birthday present out for him. (His birthday is this week). A friend told me I should have taken her to a second hand shop to pick something out instead of the nicer department store we went to for his present. Hehe. And The Older One wants to make him his
favorite cupcakes for his birthday (he’s coming in to town this weekend), and thankfully the nanny has offered to do that with her. I might want to make the cupcakes with a little laxative as a
supplement.

1 comment:

Don't be a B!tch hater.