Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just a Little Rant

The Ex is coming in to town soon.  Of course, this always throws me in to a bit of a tizzy. 

A friend told me the other day that while he's going through his divorce, he has to deal with his soon-to-be-ex every day.  He has no choice but to be thrown into co-parenting.  Me on the other hand?  I only get thrust into co-parenting whenever The Ex decides to grace his daughters with his presence.  It's a slow, painful process of learning how to deal with him.  I actually enjoy the weeks between his visits when I don't need to think about him.

With his upcoming visit, I've been "thinking" about The Ex more than I would prefer to think about him.  More of those feelings of anger and resentment and sadness.  Those feelings I've been working really damn hard to eradicate from within.  Those feelings that come around less frequently, but still exist.

I was watching one of my favorite shows on DVR tonight.  The Ex and I started watching it years ago.  Well, he actually started watching it and convinced me to start watching too.  The main character in the show was the inspiration for our oldest daughter's name.  That character had a baby on the latest episode.  She named the baby the same name as The Ex's love.  Well, one letter short of his GF's name, but definitely close enough and within the same family of names.  I can't tell you the little pit in my stomach I got while watching a TV show, of all things! 

What kind of a sign is that?  Is it the universe mocking me?  Is it a sign that no matter what is thrown at me, I can no longer avoid dealing with it?  Is it a sign that soon enough my daughter (the main character's namesake) and The Ex's GF (the main character's new daughter) will soon be related?  Of course, I'd like to think I'm reading way too much into this.  It's a TV show, after all.  And an unfortunate coincidence of names.  Just a very odd coincidence.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that! It feels like something you like is tarnished somehow because of them. grrr.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be a B!tch hater.